This Privacy Statement explains our practices, including your choices, regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of certain information, including your personal information, by GolfSwing.com, LLC ("GolfSwing") when you visit our website (www.golfswing.com). This Privacy Statement applies to information we collect on our website, in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and GolfSwing, and otherwise applies to all visitors and users of our website, GolfSwing accounts, and GolfSwing account holders.
If you have questions about this Privacy Statement, or our use of your personal information, cookies, or similar technologies, please contact us by email at [insert email address]. You can also write to us at the following address: Golfswing.com, LLC, [5212 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 100, Plano, Texas 75024], U.S.A., Attention: Privacy.
Please note that if you contact us to assist you, for your safety and ours we may need to authenticate your identity before fulfilling your request.
Collection of Information
We receive and store information about you, such as:
Information you provide to us:
We collect information you provide when you sign up for a GolfSwing account or that you otherwise provide to us, which includes:
- your name, email address, address or postal code, payment method, and telephone number. We collect this information in a number of ways, including when you enter it while using our service, interact with our us, or participate in surveys or marketing promotions;
- records and copies of correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- information when you choose to provide feedback, comments, reviews or ratings, taste preferences, account settings, set preferences in Your Account, or otherwise provide information to us through our service or elsewhere.
Information we collect automatically:
We collect information about you and your use of our service, your interactions with us and our advertising, as well as information regarding your computer or other device used to access our service. This information includes:
- your activity on the GolfSwing service, such as title selections, watch history, search queries, and other details;
- details of your interactions with us or with our customer service, such as the date, time and reason for contacting us, transcripts of any chat conversations, and if you call us, your phone number and call recordings;
- device IDs or other unique identifiers or unique application numbers, device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information, statistics on page views, referral URLs, IP address (which may tell us your general location), browser and standard web server log information;
- any other information the website collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law.
Information from other sources:
We might supplement the information described above with information we obtain from other sources, including from both online and offline data providers. Such supplemental information could include demographic data, interest based data, and Internet browsing behavior.
Use of Information
We use information to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts, to process your registration, your orders and your payments, and to communicate with you on these and other topics. For example, we use information, including your personal information, to:
- present our website and its contents to you;
- determine your general geographic location, provide localized content, provide you with customized and personalized viewing recommendations we think will be enjoyable, determine your Internet service provider, and help us quickly and efficiently respond to inquiries and requests;
- prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, and enforcing our terms (such as determining free trial eligibility);
- we use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect GolfSwing and our users;
- analyze and understand our audience, improve our service (including our user interface experiences) and optimize content selection, recommendation algorithms and delivery;
- communicate with you concerning our service (for example by email, push notifications text messaging, and online messaging channels), so that we can send you news about GolfSwing, details about new features and content available on GolfSwing, and special offers, promotional announcements and consumer surveys, and to assist you with operational requests such as password reset requests. Please see the "Your Choices" section of this Privacy Statement to learn how to set or change your communications preferences;
- fulfill any other purpose we may describe when you provide the information.
Disclosure of Information
We disclose your information for certain purposes and to third parties, as described below:
We use other companies, agents or contractors ("Service Providers") to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. For example, we engage Service Providers to provide marketing, advertising, communications, infrastructure and IT services, to personalize and optimize our service, to process credit card transactions or other payment methods, to provide customer service, to collect debts, to analyze and enhance data (including data about users' interactions with our service), and to process and administer consumer surveys. In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
We may offer joint promotions or programs that, in order for your participation, will require us to share your information with third parties. In fulfilling these types of promotions, we may share your name and other information in connection with fulfilling the incentive. Please note that these third parties are responsible for their own privacy practices.
Protection of GolfSwing and others:
In connection with any reorganization, restructuring, merger or sale, or other transfer of assets, we will transfer information, including personal information, provided that the receiving party agrees to respect your personal information in a manner that is consistent with our Privacy Statement.
[Whenever in the course of sharing information we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area and other regions with comprehensive data protection laws, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Statement and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.]
You may also choose to disclose your information in the following ways:
- While using the GolfSwing service you will have opportunities to post reviews or other information publicly, and third parties could use the information you disclose; and
- Certain portions of our service may contain a tool which gives you the option to share information by email, text message and social or other sharing applications, using the clients and applications on your smart device.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
We work hard to protect GolfSwing and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular, we may:
- encrypt many of our services using SSL;
- review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems; and
- restrict access to personal information to GolfSwing employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
We endeavor to use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
If you no longer want to receive certain communications from us via email or text message, simply access the email and text messages settings page in the "Your Account" section of our website and uncheck those items to unsubscribe. Alternatively, click the "unsubscribe" link in the email or reply STOP (or as otherwise instructed) to the text message. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain email correspondence from us, such as messages relating to your account transactions. If available, you can opt in to receive mobile push notifications from GolfSwing. If you subsequently decide you no longer wish to receive these notifications, you can use your mobile device’s settings functionality to turn them off.Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [insert email address] or write us at: [5212 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 100, Plano, Texas 75024], U.S.A., Attention: Privacy.
You must be 18 years of age or older, or the age of majority in your province, territory, or country, to subscribe to or use the GolfSwing service.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We will update this Privacy Statement from time to time in response to changing legal, regulatory or operational requirements. We will provide notice of any such changes (including when they will take effect) in accordance with law. Your continued use of the GolfSwing service after any such updates take effect will constitute acceptance of those changes. If you do not accept any updates to this Privacy Statement, you may cancel your use of the GolfSwing service. To see when this Privacy Statement was last updated, please see the "Last Updated" section below.
Cookies and Internet Advertising
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are commonly stored on your device when you browse and use websites and online services. They are widely used to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information and assist with service or advertising personalization.
Cookies are not the only types of technology that enable this functionality; we also use other, similar types of technologies.
We and our Service Providers may use the following types of cookies:
Performance and functionality cookies:
These cookies are not essential, but help us to personalize and enhance your online experience with GolfSwing. For example, they help us to remember your preferences and prevent you from needing to re-enter information you previously provided (for example, during member sign up). We also use these cookies to collect information (such as popular pages, conversion rates, viewing patterns, click-through and other information) about our visitors' use of the GolfSwing service so that we can enhance and personalize our website and service and conduct market research. Deletion of these types of cookies will result in limited functionality of our service.
These cookies use information about your visit to this and other websites, such as the pages you visit, your use of our service or your response to ads and emails, to deliver ads that are more relevant to you. These types of ads are called "Interest-Based Advertising." Many of the advertising cookies associated with our service belong to our Service Providers.
- Essential cookies:
How can I exercise choice regarding cookies and other types of online tracking?